Lightning in the desert can be a spectacular, awe inspiring display of nature's power, beautiful to behold... except when you have a wimpy ass dog that keeps you awake all night with her whining and trembling. I thought our dear little Cinnamon was going to have a heart attack with each strike of Thor's mighty hammer.
The storm finally subsided in the wee hours and I was able to get some sleep but a really annoying thing happened. The alarm clock went off. This can't be right, I thought to myself but sure enough it was 5:30, time to rise and shine. I poured myself a cup of hot black coffee and decided to bake myself awake. Here's my RX for a sleepless night:
Cinnamon Crybaby Bread
2 cans of refrigerated biscuit dough (the cheap stuff is fine)
1/3 cup of granulated sugar
3 Tablespoons of cinnamon
6 Tablespoons of butter
1/4 cup of pecan pieces (optional)
1.Preheat oven to 350F, butter or spray a round cake pan.
2. Sprinkle about half of the pecan pieces into the pan (if using pecans)
3. Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon in a plastic zip bag or bowl.
4. Cut the biscuits into different sized (random) halves and quarters and roll into balls.
5. Drop a few balls into the cinnamon sugar mixture and coat. Small batches work best or the dough sticks together and the balls don't get coated properly.
6. Arrange the coated dough balls in the cake pan.
7. Melt the butter and brown sugar over a medium flame, stirring constantly until it starts to bubble.
8. Pour the mixture over biscuit balls.
Place your pan in the oven for 25-30 minutes. If you use a small cake pan, put a baking sheet underneath in case the sweetness bubbles over. Cool about 10 mins, then invert it onto your serving dish.
Bad Housewife tip- Pull a piece off with your finger and clean that messy pan, yum!