Thanks for all of the nice feedback regarding my relocation to Arizona. I'm enjoying living out in the desert and I'm slowly finding my way around the new neighborhood. I still haven't tracked down a good comic book store in the Phoenix area and unfortunately, I've developed an addiction to manga over the past few years, so if anyone has any tips on a good comic book store, please pass them along.
One of the comments on my last post was from Mr. Bali Hai, who offered to have a Ray's Mistake for me on his next trip to Tiki Ti. It is in that spirit that I've decided to list some of the hangouts and pastimes that I'll miss most when I leave L.A. (aside from the aforementioned Tiki Ti). Here they are, in no particular order:
1. The Vista Theatre in Silver Lake.
2. Mai Tais at Damon's in Glendale - The Best!
3. Shopping at St. Vincent de Paul thrift store in Cypress Park (?).
4. The Comics Factory in Pasadena.
5. The Orpheum Theatre downtown.
6. Paco's Tacos ensalada de nopales with fresh flour tortillas - Culver City.
7. Blue Hawaiis at Bahooka in Rosemead.
8. Dancing at Ballroom Blitz in Eagle Rock.
9. Vroman's bookstore in Pasadena.
10. Mr. T's in Highland Park.
11. Margaritas and mole enchiladas at La Fiesta Grande on Colorado (not the one in South Pasadena!) in Pasadena.
12. Zankou, throughout the greater L.A. area.
13. Dark Delicacies Bookstore in Burbank, the best place to find a gift for your goth friend's birthday!
14. Any drink mixed by Kim at The Parlour.
15. The India Restaurant buffet in Artesia, in the Ziba Beauty Complex.
16. Suehiro restaurant in Little Tokyo.
17. Shopping for odd stuff at Mitsuwa Marketplace.
18. Kinokuniya Bookstore in Little Tokyo where I buy the latest Kera!
19. Jumbo's Clown Room in Hollywood...need I say more?
20. Chili cheese fries from Tommy's after drinking all night.
Hey! It's pretty much all about food and booze!!!! What a surprise!!