Friday, November 26, 2004

Holidaze Are Upon Us

Now that Thanksgiving is over, I guess the holiday season has officially arrived. That gives me an excuse to share these holiday songs with you all. I recorded these with Goddess 13 (me and Teresa Covarrubias) over ten years ago to give out as Christmas presents to a few of our friends. They were never officially released...we hope you enjoy them. I'll post a different song each week as we get closer to December 25.

The first selection is called "Los Peces En El Rio" and it is a traditional Spanish Christmas song with a Moorish influence. If you know more about the origins of this song and would like to share, please comment!
this is an audio post - click to play

3 comments:

Alice Bag said...

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. I'll post more songs in the coming weeks.

Anonymous said...

Hey Alice!,

Happy Holidays!.I love the song,it makes me want to learn Spanish.I'm Spanish and Italian,and i'm challenged when it comes to forming a sentence in either language.Anyway,..I can't wait to hear more.Just to assure you I ALWAYS read and enjoy your posts,and I always say "i'll post later" and never do..LAZY me!.But here I am now..I just may reverse back on these posts and ask a bundle of questions on your post regarding Craig Lee and them some..I hope you and your husband are doing good and that your daughter is doing better since returning to the learning institution.

SAHB was really in top form Nov 17 at the Knitting factory show.It really CHARGED me!!!.Since Sharon returned you gals have been playing fast and mean.I mentioned it to Judy,she said you all enjoyed playing at that tempo.KEEP IT UP BOMB!!!.Do you having any OSO T shirts left for sale??.

Love

Chris Pettitoes

Anonymous said...

check..check..this is a test..i repeat this is a test..do not BOMB panic