Monday, April 30, 2007

What It Is

I've been getting lots of email about my upcoming appearance on Cinco de Mayo at the Silver Lake Film Festival event in L.A. I'd like to answer some of the questions and perhaps clear up some misconceptions about what this show is and what it isn't.

  • I am supposed to receive an award of some sort for my dubious contribution to music. It's called a "Pioneer Award," which means I'm old.
  • The show features the following bands/musicians: Dios Malos, The Revolts, Lysa Flores and Ollin.
  • I was asked to do a few songs of my choice. I selected songs from bands I've been in, including the Bags, Cholita, Stay at Home Bomb, etc., but this is not a Bags reunion show.
  • The set is a short set, which means 4-5 songs.
  • The show is at the Jensen Rec Center in Echo Park, an all ages venue.
  • Lysa Flores was kind enough to volunteer her band's services to back me up. I'm looking forward to being onstage with her again, along with her talented band.
  • I don't have access to advance tickets or discount tickets.
  • I don't know what time I'm performing, but I believe it's after the De La Hoya fight.
  • I have been informed that tickets for this show are selling well and that people who are interested should buy in advance, online at the following link:
Cinco de Mayo Show

That's pretty much it. I hope to see you there on Saturday night.
Feliz Cinco de Mayo!



The George W. Bush pinata - I wonder what it's full of?

Alice

No comments: